1. How many individuals are involved in the team category?
Each team will be made up of four (4) full-time students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme at the same university, university college, or college.
2. How do we register for the individual and / or team category?
For individual category, you may register at here. For team category, please follow the following steps:
|Step 1:||Register your team using the team registration form at here .|
|Step 2:||Each team is required to assign ONE (1) representative to take the online test and the representative is required to register the team name using the individual registration form at here.|
|Step 3:||Upon successful registration, the team representative will be provided an unique ID and password via the registration confirmation email.|
|Step 4:||The representative is required to complete the online test on 9 October 2018 on behalf of the team.|
3. According to the previous challenges, there is a preliminary stage for Team Category where each team representing their university will gather in an assigned room for a three-hour break-out session. Will this year Deloitte Tax Challenge remains the same?
No, we have restructured the Deloitte Tax Challenge Team Category whereby there will be 3 stages in total (i.e. Stage 1, Semi-finals and Finals). Kindly refer to the rules and regulations for the details of each stages.
4. Will the simulated business challenges for the Individual and Team Category for the Final Stage be provided online? Is the submission of report done via online?
The Deloitte Tax Challenge representatives will be invigilating the Final stage. Thus, the questions will not be provided online.
At the end of the two and a half hour of breakout session, participants will be required to save their reports and visual aids in a thumbdrive and pass them to the Deloitte Tax Challenge representatives. These will then be handed over to the panel of judges and finalists will be required to present their report to the panel of judges.
5. For the Team Category, is there a limit as to how many teams can be sent by each university?
There is no limit as to how many teams may represent a university.
6. For the Individual and Team Category Semi-final stage (live presentation), will the venue be provided by Deloitte?
Yes. The venue for the Individual and Team Category Semi-final stage (live presentation) will be held on at our Deloitte Malaysia (nationwide office). Kindly refer to the rules and regulations for the details of each stages.
7. We have students who have just completed and passed their final year exams during the year but will have their convocation at the end of year. Are they eligible to join the Deloitte Tax Challenge for this year as individuals and/or as a team?
Please note that participation is open to students pursuing undergraduate programmes full-time. Final year students are encouraged to apply as well. Only Masters and PhD students are not eligible.
8. Most students in private universities pursue 3+0 accountancy programmes, whereby they study foreign tax (not Malaysian tax) and may find it difficult to participate in the Deloitte Tax Challenge. Will the questions in the Challenge only cover Malaysian aspects?
The Deloitte Tax Challenge is opened to all students who are pursuing full-time undergraduate programmes. Though the questions are based on Malaysian tax laws, students who are studying foreign tax laws are also encouraged to join the competition, as the primary principles of tax are similar. You may want to start by going through past years questions to get a better idea.
9. Are full time students doing a professional degree (e.g. ACCA) eligible to register?
Students who are pursuing full-time professional degree programmes or are registered as full-time students of a college, university college or university are eligible to register.
10. Will there be a written assessment during the Semi-final Stage?
No. There will be no question for written assessment during the Semi-final stage.
11. Am I allowed to join both of the categories?
Yes. We do not limit the participants from joining both of the categories.